- Identify ways in which culture shapes sex/gender and sexuality.
- Describe ways in which gender and sexuality organize and structure the societies in which we live.
- Assess the range of possible ways of constructing gender and sexuality by sharing examples from different cultures, including small-scale societies.
- Analyze how anthropology as a discipline is affected by gender ideology and gender norms.
- Evaluate cultural “origin” stories that are not supported by anthropological data.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
Mukhopadhyay, Carol and Tami Blumenfield with Susan Harper and Abby Gondek (2017). Gender and Sexuality. In Nina Brown, Laura Tubelle Gonzalez, and Thomas McIlwraith (Eds.), Perspectives: An Open Invitation to Cultural Anthropology. Retrieved from http://scholarexchange.furman.edu/ant-publications/8/.