- Identify ways in which culture shapes sex/gender and sexuality.
- Describe ways in which gender and sexuality organize and structure the societies in which we live.
- Assess the range of possible ways of constructing gender and sexuality by sharing examples from different cultures, including small-scale societies.
- Analyze how anthropology as a discipline is affected by gender ideology and gender norms.
- Evaluate cultural “origin” stories that are not supported by anthropological data.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
Mukhopadhyay, Carol and Tami Blumenfield with Susan Harper and Abby Gondek (2017). Gender and Sexuality. In Nina Brown, Laura Tubelle Gonzalez, and Thomas McIlwraith (Eds.), Perspectives: An Open Invitation to Cultural Anthropology. Retrieved from http://scholarexchange.furman.edu/ant-publications/8/.