On February 24, the Libraries and the Office of the Provost hosted Furman’s first Faculty Scholarship Reception to recognize and celebrate the scholarly publications and creative works of Furman faculty members. The reception, held in the Blackwell Atrium of the James B. Duke Library, showcased over 170 examples of scholarship published by 87 faculty members during the 2015 and 2016 calendar years. The following faculty provided four-minute presentations on their scholarly or creative works:
- Gil Allen, Faculty Emeritus, English
- Tami Blumenfield, Assistant Professor, Asian Studies
- Akan Malici, Associate Professor, Politics and International Affairs
- John Quinn, Assistant Professor, Biology
- Erin Wamsley, Assistant Professor, Psychology
- Mark Kilstofte, Professor, Music
Hamlin, Kathy, "2017 Furman University Faculty Scholarship Reception Program" (2017). Libraries Institutional Records. 22.